It has been proven that repellents are ineffective in keeping the wild Baton Rouge animals out of your property. This
justifies the fact that people go for other methods other than repellents. Depending on the kind of animal
you want to repel, repellents are of various types. To some extent, repellents do work. They are cheaper
since one can even make some for him/herself.
Can repellents keep off Louisiana raccoons?
Though research shows that no repellent can be used against the raccoon, some of them can. Raccoons are very harmful
and waiting to apply other methods of expelling them might cause even more damage. The following repellents can be
• Coyote urine- raccoons are prey to Baton Rouge coyotes. In order to keep of raccoons, you should use coyotes’ urine.
Sprinkle it around the attic. This way, the whole place will smell of the predator and the raccoon will just keep off.
• Cayenne pepper- mix the pepper with water and also a little bit of dish soap. Spray the mixture around
the attic. This will keep off the raccoons.
Can repellents keep off snakes?
Repellents can, to some extent, keep off the Baton Rouge snakes. Bites from the snake can cause harmful diseases and poisoning. As such,
keeping them off will help greatly. The following repellents will do a great job:
• Cinnamon oil- snakes do not like the smell from the cinnamon. Therefore, they will keep off. Spray the oil at the
entry point to the attic. However, cinnamon oils might be too expensive and evaporates so fast.
• Mixture of common salt and garlic- this mixture will surely repel the Louisiana snakes. Spray the mixture carefully around
the attic and the surrounding in order to attain desired outcomes.
Repellents v/s rodents
Repellents can also keep of the Baton Rouge rodents. These animals might cause severe damage and need to be kept off. The following
repellent can keep them off:
• Peppermint oil- this kind of oil will help greatly in keeping the rodents away. Rats, mice and Louisiana squirrels do not like the
smell of these oil and they will keep off the surrounding where the oil has applied.
Though it has been said that repellents do not work well, I believe they do and giving them a try might help. People believe
that eviction fluids are the only ones that are effective but also the repellents are good working.
To learn more about our services, visit the Baton Rouge wildlife removal home page.